Saturday, December 29, 2007

Zoológico Nacional

We went to the Santiago Zoo yesterday. It was a pretty small zoo, but they let you get really close to the animals. Some animals you could actually touch through the fence.
Mr. Polar Bear relaxing in the hot sun.


Some people were feeding the monkeys peanuts. We tried to get a picture of them begging, but we kept missing it. The monkies would hold their hands out and motion with their head to throw food. This poor monkey is mad that the people stopped throwing peanuts.


A lion sleeping.





This tiger acted just like our cat. Her zoo keeper walked by and she croutched down like she was stalking him an then ran towards him like she was going to attack. He started petting her through the fence, and it turned out she was quite friendly.






The bears were pretty anxious. They couldn´t sit still.


We saw this walking home on the sidewalk.



We also saw this little theater hiden away on a side street.




2 comments:

Tyler said...

I'm curious, did the tiger meow incessantly at the zoo keeper and then claw the keeper in the balls while he was scratching himself. Because if she didn't then she is nothing like your cat.

P.S. New picture of "your" cat on my blog.

Unknown said...

I totally forgot about this blog, and I am so excited to read about your adventures. You've hit some rough spots, but things are still moving along. Enjoy getting to know your new city and I'll keep checking in on ya'll...xoxo!