Friday, December 28, 2007

Relaxing Christmas Week

We haven´t been up to much this week, other than enjoying the holidays in a warm climate. The most exciting thing we accomplished was buying some sheets and towels. Here are a few pictures we took on our walks this week. Hopefully we will be able to take some trips outside Santiago in the next month.This is a scary lion killing a lizard or alligator. Two of these felines are placed at every major intersection on the street called Los Leones (The Lions). His friend across the street is killing a snake.


While we were walking we stumbled upon the U.S. Embassy!! Although it was surrounded by bars and a wall it felt rather comforting.

I hate to say it, but it is good to see the American flag!


A tribute to Elvis. I don´t know how I feel about the red paint on his head.


We got brave enough to take the subway again to a different neighborhood. This time we went to the barrio called La Florida. I had read this neighborhood was supposed to be like our suburbs. Ummm...not quite, but it did remind us of Mexico...small houses, bars all around them, and trash every where. There was a big Wal-Mart like store though...that was exciting.

Here is a tree in La Florida. Kind of looks like Florida.

No comments: