Friday, December 21, 2007

Sunnier times in Santiago

This week has turned out to be much better and safer. We really haven’t done that much, but we were able to post a couple of ads and hang a few flyers advertising our services. Hopefully we will hear from a few people, but I foresee them being more focused on Christmas right now and not learning English. We received my mom’s Christmas card today, so the mail system does work. It only took 11 days during the busiest season at the post office…I thought that was pretty fast. If anyone is interested in our address just shoot me an email and I will send it to you. It costs 90 cents to just send a letter though.

Here are a few random pictures we took this week:

A good ol´pizza and ham sandwich at the cafe close to our apartment.

Here is a statue in front of the Bella Artes museum I believe.


They really like using these packages: mustard, ketchep, mayo, shampoo...many things come in bags like this.




Me putting up fliers along the street. Note I am walking on the street and not being robbed...so it does happen. The streets are safer than what might have been portrayed in the last post.



They even think Bush is poisonious here!!




Nick thought this was unique...the apartment of the devil. The apartment below is the actual place.










2 comments:

Sandra said...

Hi you guys! You have a great blog! I have read the entire history. Sara, your writing is great, keep it up! I also love the photos! Hope you get some english students and you can stay a while. Please keep posting, it is just like being there! Take care you guys and have a great Christmas, we all miss you!
Love,
Sandra

saeed said...

hi very nice weu i love them