Thursday, September 18, 2008

Kansas City and Nebraska

Our lives have become kind of normal now, but we did manage to do a couple of fun things this month. I went to Kansas City with my friend Rose to visit our other friend from high school on Labor Day, and then the next weekend Nick and I went to Nebraska for a wedding. Here are a few pics, but I am very sorry to report my camera acted up at each event and erased about half of the pictures, which included some really cool rock monuments and Rose and I riding a mechanical bull.

Lacey, one of my best friends from high school, standing with her new husband at the alter he built. The wedding was in Grand Island, NE in a vineyard.

Lacey's sister, Leigh, and I standing with the flower girls. Now that they are up there they have decided to drop the petals...better late than never.
Mason on the left is Ben's son, and Payton on the right is Lacey's son. They looked like some cool dudes with their tuxes, shiny shoes, and shades.
Nick (not my husband) and I leaving the ceremony...happy the jobs is done-Lacey and Ben are now married.
The wedding party taking a shot before going to the reception.
Riding in the limo to the reception.
My hubby and I enjoying our time at the dance.

Labor Day Weekend

Eric is a wonderful friend and planned all kinds of fun things for us to do while we visited him. Once we arrived he took us straight to our first Chiefs game. This is Rose, Adam, me, and Eric tailgating...or attempting to. In the process of planning events Eric forgot the food and soda to mix the alcohol with, but we are not complaining. It worked out because it rained and hailed on us while we were mooching soda off of our neighbors, so barbecuing would not have been that much fun.
The Chiefs vs the Rams...our first live NFL football game...kind of...it is pre-season
Looks like it is going to rain some more.
All of us fitting into a port-a-potty while leaving the game. Don't ask me!
Adam licking Rose...again don't ask
Me and my buddy Eric.
The Dark Horse Tavern...they have the best Power Hour ever...all you can drink for two hours for only $10...of course they are crappy drinks but after the first 2 who cares!!!
We were headed to a comedy show when Eric found his best friend standing here playing the banjo.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is so cool your friend Lacy's got married. I remember talking to you while you were on your way to Kansas City or where ever but I didn't know what was going on. Sounds like a blast.