This is Salt, Ginger, and Pepper. The kittens were wild until we arrived. We were not supposed to tame them, but we couldn't help ourselves. Now they curl up in my dad's lap and hang on his horses' tails. The orange cat, Ginger, had a bad leg, but Nick and I gave her some medicine and now she is playing with the kittens.
Thursday, August 14, 2008
1 year of marriage
Nick and I celebrated our 1 year anniversary this week. We went to a movie and out to dinner the other day in the big town of Garden City, and today we traveled the 1.5 hours to the highest point in Kansas- Mt. Sunflower.
We are only a few miles away from the infamous Mt. Sunflower. We thought the green hills and rain clouds over the grain elevators looked pretty neat.
Daisy observing the scenery.
We made it to the highest point in Kansas at 4,039ft!!!! Boy what a climb!!! Actually we just drove right up to the marker, and to make it even more impressive it is in the middle of the cow pasture.
This is looking to the east from the marker. We can almost see across the entire state.
The state flower.
Two antelope running through the pasture.
A crop of sunflowers.
When we returned from our travels to Mt. Sunflower my mom had bought two unicycles while she was in town for our neighbor Bryanna. This is Nick and Bryanna trying to ride them. It was really challenging!!


This is Salt, Ginger, and Pepper. The kittens were wild until we arrived. We were not supposed to tame them, but we couldn't help ourselves. Now they curl up in my dad's lap and hang on his horses' tails. The orange cat, Ginger, had a bad leg, but Nick and I gave her some medicine and now she is playing with the kittens.
Me on my wonderful horse Lucky and her daughter Abby. I am just breaking Abby to ride.
This is Salt, Ginger, and Pepper. The kittens were wild until we arrived. We were not supposed to tame them, but we couldn't help ourselves. Now they curl up in my dad's lap and hang on his horses' tails. The orange cat, Ginger, had a bad leg, but Nick and I gave her some medicine and now she is playing with the kittens.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
That highest point is so funny. Weird it is in a pasture...why would they mark that? funny. I would never ever ever attempt a unicycle. Even right this second I can picture myself falling flat on my face! ha! Congrats on your one year mark! You guys are the best!
Post a Comment