Saturday, June 20, 2009

Nick has the Lymes

It is official Nick has Lyme disease, but do not think he is special. I guess pretty much everybody in this area has had it at some time, and it seems like all the hikers are on antibiotics for it right now. The ticks are horrible here. Nick had it about 10 days before he caught it, and he was already starting to feel it affecting his joints, muscles, mood, and energy level. It is a nasty disease. He has started his 4 week regimen of antibiotics now, so he should be fine. The sad thing is the antibiotics are making him sicker, but the doctor tells me this will get better.
Poor guy.
I tried to make this picture appropriate...we just had to show the classic sign of Lyme disease. Okay so we felt really stupid, because we did not recognize this horrible rash as the bulls eye. We thought it was a spot rubbed from his waist belt and then became infected. It wasn't until the doctor pointed out the red ring around the nasty rash we could see the bulls eye.
I hope you just didn't eat, but again I just had to show how nasty this is. The middle is covered in a pimple thing. It is so gross. When he stands up it turns all purple too. Folks lets be glad we do not have Lyme disease in the Midwest!

4 comments:

ABCs said...

I'm sorry to hear about Nick! But it's a good thing he is on antibiotics now. I hope he feels better soon. How is your tooth? Did you have the root canal? I'll keep you both in my prayers. Kim P.

Sweater Girl said...

Yuck--glad you got antibiotics for him!! Creepy like a spider bite. Rita said you have hit the trail again..........

David Evan Todd said...

That's rough!! Hope you're both feeling better. Keep up the good work!

Anonymous said...

Hey You guys I think you need to just come home I found some more fence that needs to be painted and we are building some more so just jump on a plane and head west. Take care and see you soon, //ritap.s. bring the rain with you cause we could really use some