Sunday, February 24, 2008

Good-Bye Santiago

Today is our last day in Santiago. Tomorrow we head out to Temuco, which is 7 hours south of here. We plan to rent a car there and drive around the Lake District. It is supposed to be extremely beautiful. We will soon find out!!
This is my favorite statue in Santiago. It is a monument for the indigenous people of the area.

Juan, our doorman. He was the nicest man. He gave us many gifts to remember him by.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

How sad when you left? Did you cry or are you guys going back? Was that the doorman to your apt you were telling me about? I love that statue! Picasso influence maybe? I like to see Nick in the pic too, I would love to see you both in more more more pics!!! I want to see everything you see!!! Oh and when you get back, I'm thinking you two should fly into LA first...maybe? Have fun with the rental car, I always like renting cars in strange weird places...makes you feel a little bit like your at home, that is having an everyday luxuary that you are typically accustomed to.